Contract Treatment Support Level B at Right to Care Malawi
Fixed term position until 30 September 2023 – LIKOMA ISLAND MALAWI
The role of an Expert Client is to provide peer education, ART adherence counselling and psychosocial support to all PLHIV in their catchment area.
1. Pre-enrollment support and Linkage
- Health education for demand creation for HIV related services
- Conduct patient ART preparedness
- Pre-enrollment tracing for linkage to ART initiation
2. Defaulter Tracing & management
- In liaison with treatment supporter, compile missed appointments as defined by partner SOP, in the allocated catchment area
- Make phone calls and conduct home visits for clients that miss appointments.
- Conduct at least two tracing attempts for all clients registered as defaulters.
- On a weekly basis, submit the tracing outcome report to the site supervisor for completion of the master tracing register.
- Work with treatment supporter to ensure documentation of true outcomes of clients traced in the patient master cards and EMRS.
3. Psychosocial Support
- Establish PSSGs for various categories of clients.
- Organize psychosocial support group meetings.
- In conjunction with the treatment supporter prepare a monthly schedule for all the support groups activities
- Conduct disclosure sessions with respective clients
- Maintain PSSGs records i.e., PSSG register, Minutes Book, etc.
- Conduct positive living counseling sessions with all clients
- Support referral of clients from community groups to facilities
4. Support Viral Load Monitoring
- Health education for demand creation of viral load testing.
- Screening for VL testing eligibility, and referral of eligible clients to facility for Viral Load testing
- Actively trace ART clients who have not been notified of their High VL results and refer to facility for IAC
- Participate in all scheduled meetings and submit their reports; bring all registers to these meetings
- Document all sessions conducted at various service delivery points in appropriate reporting tools
- From time to time liaise with the Health Surveillance Assistant responsible for his/her catchment area on issues related to improving service delivery.
- Participate in all required trainings.
Required competencies, skills, and experience.
· Ability to read and write in relevant local language Literacy in English is an advantage
· Empathic and passionate for HIV related work.
· Ability and willingness to ride a bicycle.
· Should have stayed within the catchment area for not less than a year.
· Strong interpersonal skills to engage staff and community members.
· First – hand experience in ART and/or treatment support is an advantage
How to Apply
325 total views, 1 today