Full Time Technical Officer – Unlocking Talent at VSO
|Type of role||Business|
|Contract type||Fixed Term|
|Full Time||35 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date||23 Apr 2023|
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
To provide comprehensive technical support to the Unlocking Talent Project by ensuring the smooth running of the project through discharging Project technical support such as basic DET maintenance, troubleshooting and ensuring DET functionality
Skills, qualifications and experience
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree level in IT or relevant field;
• Excellent computer skills including hardware and software maintenance.
• Experience in working in a demanding technical support role in a similar environment;
• Very good communication skills both written and verbal. Including ability to communicate sensitively and assertively with a wide range of stakeholders;
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
Method Of Application
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.
331 total views, 1 today