Full Time Senior Tax Manager at Old Mutual
Your time is now to be your exceptional best at Old Mutual!
The role of the incumbent is to manage the taxation function of the Old Mutual Malawi Limited Group. This includes always ensuring full tax compliance for the Malawi Group, that tax transactions and balances are properly recorded and reported, and that tax risks and issues are identified and reported timeously.
Tax leadership Old Mutual Malawi Limited and all the subsidiary companies, including the development and implementation of tax planning strategies within the group including the preparation of key documents on certain tax positions for board approval and adoption
Tax Compliance and Advisory Tax Reporting & Accounting Tax Governance , Oversight and Advisory Provide tax and related guidance to senior management on tax related strategic issues Work with OMAR Group Tax on projects including the development and implementation of cost sharing models and Transfer pricing documentation for the Malawi sub-group.
Overall group tax management responsibility for Old Mutual Malawi Limited and all the subsidiary companies, which entails working hand in hand with business unit finance managers. Direct all tax compliance matters including coordination, preparation, and review of all monthly, quarterly and annual returns for the group to ensure that at all time the group is compliant
Ensure that the Tax Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) are updated regularly and are adhered to by all operating companies. Ensure all group tax computations for all tax types are done accurately and ensure timely submission of returns/payment by due dates. Ensure tax accounting is robust for all Group Companies and that tax transactions and balances are correctly reported. Ensure compliance with the local tax laws on all taxable transactions and products. Advise on the tax effect on introduction or changes in business structure, mergers and acquisition, group transactions and react accordingly with tax planning recommendations, changes in legislation as well as providing tax advice on new products. Advise the senior management and the board on changes in tax legislations, new development such as double taxation treaties, case laws that will affect Old Mutual Group Developing relationship with Key stakeholders such as tax revenue authorities, Capital market authorities with the aim managing any issues within the group Advise on tax efficient ways on business contracts and new products within the group Working closely with Chief Finance Officer (CFO) and OMAR Group Tax on key tax items considerations in acquisitions/ mergers to ensure all the tax items and risk are appropriately considered and mitigated and ensure maintenance of the tax risk register in CURA and resolution of issues raised therein. Conduct and manage group tax health check in all territories to minimize any tax exposure and put mitigation action in place Ensure the Group issues and risk template in maintained and updated, with accounting entries processed as necessary. Ensure the group complies with transfer pricing regulations and that proper transfer pricing policy documents are maintained as required by the tax authorities. Manage all Malawi Revenue Authority audits and queries. Group tax planning for proactive management of tax liabilities.
Key Result Areas:
- The function has direct responsibility for the taxation of the Malawi sub-group’s transactions
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with legislation and the group’s tax strategy while providing a high-quality advisory service for complex business transactions to the Malawi sub-group.
- Ensures that tax risks within the Malawi sub-group are identified, well understood, reported and resolved timeously.
- Responsible for accurate, efficient and timely tax input into the wider Group Finance Reporting team for financial reporting purposes, to ensure that Malawi sub-group and OMAR Segment meets its tax reporting requirements in line with tax transparency practices, adequate disclosure and reporting to relevant stakeholders.
- Provides expert knowledge and support to businesses, to ensure that the Malawi sub-group effectively and efficiently integrates tax numbers and transparency into business processes for decision making and reporting
- Strategic input and governance, technical comprehension and relationship building
Bachelor of Accounting (BAcc): Taxation
22 April 2023
173 total views, 2 today