The Regional Human Resources Business Partner works closely with the Global HR Office in Baltimore and with Country Leadership Team/s to support the achievement of organizational mission, goals, and objectives through the development, implementation, and management of activities to deliver HR capacity and infrastructure across country office/projects represented in the region.
These positions are to be based in Southern Africa, West Africa and Asia
- Work closely with the Talent Acquisition Team with regards to managing and overseeing recruiting activities for senior management positions, regional staff or third country nationals:
- Job Description writing and leveling – in conjunction with Compensation Manager
- Salary determination for new hires – in conjunction with Compensation Manager
- Recruiting in assigned countries if a backup is required for the local HR Manager
- Act as a partner to the organization by understanding the recruiting and interviewing process; counseling managers on candidate selection.
- Promote and support the organization’s diversity efforts.
General Support and Employee Relations
- Travels internationally to conduct HR reviews across country portfolio, and monitors follow up actions for any findings.
- Manages internal and legal review of country employee manuals at least every two years.
- Develops communications plan for any benefits or policy changes, in coordination with country HR and Country Director.
- Manages onboarding process for expatriates and third country nationals in the region, including orientation to Jhpiego’s International Assignment Policies and benefits
- Manage and maintain HR compliance with regards to:
- Personnel records – conduct audits
- Assist with immigration for TCN’s and Expats (very infrequent)
- Work eligibility visas
- Applications process
- Assist with the development and implementation of HR policies, guidelines and procedures
- Contributes to the overall HR organizational effort by assisting other HR Partners and HR teams as necessary to support a high performing human resource work team
- Understand and guide conversations surrounding country laws with guidance of legal experts when needed
- Ensure legal compliance by supporting the country HR representative in monitoring and implementing applicable human resource requirements;
- Provides guidance and recommendations to country office HR on employee issues, including those that may involve grievances or litigation.
- Make sure country HR representative conducts exit interviews tracks trends and makes recommendations to country management by analyzing the country exit interview data.
Compensation & Benefits
- Performs compensation reviews every two years in coordination with GHR Compensation Manager, country office HR and Country Director, reviewing all staff salaries for market and internal equity.
- Ensures benefits are compliant with local law and within Jhpiego policies
- Act as a partner to the country teams by assisting managers and the compensation manager in updating job requirements and job descriptions for positions in the countries they support
- Maintain the organization’s pay philosophy by exhibiting a working understanding of how pay is derived; explaining and training on pay basics; assist in preparing pay budgets (if necessary); review individual pay actions such as merit increases, promotions and reclasses; recommending, planning, and assisting with implementing pay structure revisions.
- Reviews any benefits invoices for expats and TCNs for policy compliance (housing, education, etc)
- Works with country finance team to review any documentation regarding tax exemptions
- Advises recruiters on taxation requirements for expats & TCNs before hire
- Keeps TCN benefits tracker updated for all TCNs in portfolio
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by:
- Training managers to coach and discipline employees
- Conduct mini training sessions to coach and support supervisors on managing performance in the workplace.
- Support the Continuous Performance management initiatives
- Act as a strategic partner to the organization by understanding mission, vision, values and organizational direction, goals and objectives. Facilitate strategic meetings and provide advice to assigned country leadership.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Meets frequently with country HR representatives, keeping a tracker of all activities
- Provides orientation for new HR staff in country offices
- Support regional staff as an HR Partner and/or mentor/train/coach HR staff, as assigned.
- Communicate organizational changes and assists managers and employees, as needed.
- Develop monthly/quarterly metrics to strategically manage staff turnover.
- Approve all termination calculation sheets for staff in region, ensuring compliant end-of-service payments
- Works with country HR and Chief HR & Admin Officer to review any litigation documents and prepare responses. Tracks progress of all cases in legal tracker.
- Requests approval from Chief HR & Admin Officer for any involuntary terminations, and for staffing plans for any reductions-in-force
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or similar field from an accredited university OR equivalent years of experience.
- GPHR, SPHRi, SHRM or CIPD certification, or national equivalent, preferred
- At least 8 years of demonstrated HR Management experience of which at minimum 5 years as a Manager. Experience required in international development programs in Africa; regional HR Management experience highly preferred; demonstrated experience also required working with USG funded programs.
- Must have demonstrated understanding of local and assigned country’s labor laws, Company Act, NGO Act and other relevant laws.
- Demonstrated ability to implement and manage all aspects of the HR function in line with current practices and trends.
- Ability to gain the trust and confidence of colleagues and to handle confidential matters discreetly and have experience in conflict resolution.
- Ability to competently assess priorities; manage a variety of complex activities simultaneously in a time-sensitive environment, and meet competing deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients, and consultants.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully coordinate activities with senior project management staff and proven ability to work successfully on a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and fluency in local languages; other languages strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated computer proficiencies, including Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database management.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time.
Action oriented, Dealing with ambiguity, Approachable, Compassion, Conflict Management, Customer Focus, Managing Diversity, Integrity and Trust, Hiring and Staffing, Excellent verbal and written communication; excellent interpersonal skills; Organized and Results Driven, Professional, Political Savvy, Learning Agility.
About the Organization
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Please apply at www.jhpiego.org/careers
Applicants must submit a single document for upload to include: cover letter, resume, and references.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Jhpiego, a Johns Hopkins University affiliate, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, other legally protected characteristics or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Jhpiego promotes Affirmative Action for minorities, women, individuals who are disabled, and veterans.
EEO is the Law
Closes : May 19, 2023
284 total views, 2 today