Full Time Project Coordinator – Emergency WASH at Welthungerhilfe
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: “Zero Hunger by 2030” – If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of 7 months. There are very good prospects for an extension. The employment location will be Blantyre Malawi. The position is paid according to national paygrade.
As a Project Coordinator, your aim will be the provision of support in emergency preparedness, development, and implementation of an emergency preparedness plan by anchoring it to the strategic objectives of Welthungerhilfe (WHH).
- Provide analysis of the humanitarian context and changing needs in the following sectors such as FSL, Nutrition, WASH, (Mainstreaming)
- Support the development and implementation of emergency preparedness and response (EPREP) by anchoring to the strategic objectives of Welthungerhilfe (WHH).
- Ensure regular presence of WHH in any humanitarian coordination meetings in the country such as Government meetings, and actively participate in relevant Clusters such as Food Security and Nutrition, WASH working groups, and other International and National NGOs forums.
- Ensure WHH’s participation in relevant humanitarian inter-agency activities (e.g Joint Assessment) and coordination with UN Clusters, the Emergency Operations Centre, and national/local authorities.
- Support the development of EPREP in close coordination with the Emergency Coordinator, Head of Programme, and Country Director and serve as a focal point for starting up implementation.
- Oversee the technical implementation of humanitarian activities in the field. If needed conduct direct rapid assessments and field implementation and provide the necessary capacity building to the team and partner.
- Maintain regular meetings and information exchanges with other actors, sharing analysis and evidence of field needs.
- Ensure the quality and adherence of WHH’s intervention to the global and organization’s standards.
- A University degree in Disaster Management, Environmental Sciences, Water and Sanitation, Community Development, or any related field
- More than 3 years of relevant work experience in the management and implementation of emergency operations.
- Hands-on experience in developing emergency programming in WASH and FSL required; Shelter/NFI and Protection Mainstreaming a very strong asset
- Excellent understanding of humanitarian architecture and coordination systems.
- Experience in financial and/or human resource management is desired.
- Working experience with digital solutions for data collection is required, and working experience with digital solutions for operational efficiency and database systems would be an advantage.
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by May 2, 2023. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
351 total views, 1 today