Full Time Procurement Officer at Southern Region Water Board
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions tenable at various establishments of Southern Region Water Board.
Candidates should have a Bachelors Degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management; plus at least three (3) years experience.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Procurement Officer will provide procurement services. S/he will be responsible for:
- Sourcing procurement quotations in accordance with Government approved procedures and conducting procurement and supplies negotiations with suppliers to achieve both quality and cost effectiveness of procurement;
- Preparing bid documents, TRFs and RFPs and maintaining their records appropriately;
- Preparing specifications for commodities, services and contracts in liaison with user Departments and relevant section Heads of the Board prior to producing evaluation Preparing procurement plans and programmes and executing them timely;
- Preparing procurement reports for management appraisal;
- Conducting evaluation of bids and procurement surveys with a view to recommend for efficient and cost effective supplies and suppliers;
- Initiating the preparation of annual Procurement Plans and quarterly\/annual procurement reports;
- Monitoring supplier performance on delivery, quality, price adjustments and conduct of account with the Board;
- Maintaining sound professional relationship with suppliers and updating approved supplier list; and
- Demonstrating outstanding commitment to service delivery programs of the Board by personally identifying and reporting water bursts/leakages to customer care Division of which verifiable repair records shall be tendered to be used as one of the components for assessment during one&#8217;s performance appraisal time.
The successful candidate should be computer literate; able to work under pressure, self-starter and be able to work with minimum supervision, have good interpersonal and negotiation skills, tender drafting skills, ability to evaluate bidders&#8217; costs, and conversant with all relevant legislations.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The Southern Region Water Board offers an attractive package; a contributory pension scheme; and a contributory medical scheme among other benefits.
Applications with full Curriculum Vitae, contact phones and addresses of three traceable referees must be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Southern Region Water Board
Private Bag 72
OR submit electronically to email@example.com
The closing date for receiving applications is on 5th May, 2023
Please indicate on top of the envelope, the position you are applying for.
493 total views, 2 today