Full Time Procurement/Logistics Assistant at Welthungerhilfe
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: “Zero Hunger by 2030” – If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Procurement/Logistics Assistant* in Lilongwe
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of 7 months. There are very good prospects for an extension. The employment location will be Dedza, Malawi. The position is paid according to national paygrade.
As a Logistics Assistant, your main aim will be providing logistical support including fleet management, the procurement of project items, documentation of services, processing of bid documents, and preparing of tender documents. You will be under the direct supervision of the Logistics Expert.
- Liaise with the Logistics Expert, Head of Projects, and Logistics personnel at the Country Office regarding procurement requests and requirements and consolidate them for processing.
- Support procurement processes including requesting bids, preparing bids analyses, purchase orders, receiving reports, and requests for payments.
- Verify the Supply Purchase Requests submitted to the Logistics department for completeness regarding needful signatures and the final authorization.
- Inspection of received goods or services compliance with ordered specifications and quality, including visits to program activities sites for verifications and quality control of ordered/delivered goods and services.
- Identification of vendors at the district level and participation in the evaluation of them against performance, reliability, quality, price, and delivery in respect of organizations’ best interests and donor mandates. Also take into consideration the value BEST VALUE for money, quality, compatibility, payment method, warranty, after-sales services, and the company profile/reputation.
- Stock management and compilation of stock reports
- Management of fleet (vehicles allocation, fuel management, fleet service, and repairs as well as production of fleet reports)
- Maintenance of office and personal assets inventory
- Support local market research for procurement of goods or services requested by programs as well as for office premises and equipment maintenance;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- Degree in Business Administration; Procurement Management or any related.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a related role.
- Membership to the Malawi Institute of Procurement and Supply is a pre-requisite
- Strong computer skills especially with Msoft Word and Excel and other related packages.
- Strong understanding of and practical experience in procurement, logistics, and driving vehicles
- Proven problem-solving and organizational skills, flexibility, and calm under pressure.
- Knowledge of the NGO sector in Malawi and Humanitarian Aid/ Emergency Response.
- Excellent English language skills with excellent verbal, analytical, and organizational skills – a good communicator
- Good team worker; able to live and work closely with a small team with minimum direct supervision.
- Commitment to international and humanitarian NGO codes, standards, and practices.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by May 5, 2023. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
741 total views, 2 today