Full Time Procurement Assistant at African Parks
STATUS: One-year contract subject to renewal based on performance
African Parks (AP) is a not-for-profit organization that secures a mandate to conserve through Public-Private Partnerships with Governments and communities for the rehabilitation and long-term management of protected areas in Africa, and here in Malawi, AP secured this mandate for the management of Majete Wildlife Reserve, Liwonde National Park and Nkhotakota Wildlife Reserve.
An opportunity has arisen for the post of Procurement Assistant tenable at Majete Wildlife Reserve in Chikwawa. The Procurement Assistant will directly report to the Field Operations Manager and will be responsible for assisting with the management of all procurement issues within the Majete Wildlife Reserve.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Execute purchasing of goods and services by implementing a sourcing and procurement processes that follow prescribed African Parks procurement procedures towards fulfilling the Reserve’s needs Generating Local Purchase Orders (LPO) as per African Parks Procurement manual
• Ensure commodities and services are supplied timeously and at expected quality levels
• Participating in regular market surveys to ensuring quality products and services are sourced and supplied at the best prices
• Ensuring that accurate procurement records are maintained, including all actions and documents to safeguard the integrity of procurement documents
• Participating in suppler performance evaluation and rating and recommend action on poor performance (Prequalification of suppliers)
• Assisting in handling supplier payment documents with finance team
• Ensuring that the finance office is timely provided with receipts and relevant procurement documents for liquidation and reconciliation
• Producing consolidated monthly reports of purchases made from all projects, sections and departments. This includes production of monthly procurement progress reports from Park’s annual work plans,
• Provide support in all aspects related to the procurement of goods, works, services and consulting services. To coordinate all procurement activities as informed the Park Manager,
• Preparation of monthly and quarterly procurement reports. Maintenance of procurement database and register
• Coordinating purchases done from outside Malawi by liaising with African Parks Network (APN) team, clearing agents and other authorities on goods in-transit
• Carry out any other relevant periodic duties that may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Diploma in a relevant field such as Procurement, Logistics, Supply chain Management and Business Administration.
• Member of MIPS,
• Strong interest in wildlife conservation
• Minimum of 2 years of similar experience working with international donor-funded projects or NGOs,
• Ability to maintain a rapid and demanding pace of work
• Valid Driver’s License,
• Working proficiency in accounting software and basic computer applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point.
• Aged between 24 to 35.
African Parks is an equal opportunity Employer.
How to ApplyApplicants should submit their CVs with a covering letter clearly stating how their skills and experience meet the requirements of the position. At least two traceable referees should be included, but copies of Certificates are not required at this stage. Applications should be emailed to: recruitMalawi@africanparks.org by close of business on 21st April, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged
341 total views, 1 today