Full Time Plumber at Southern Region Water Board
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions tenable at various establishments of Southern Region Water Board.
Candidates should possess a minimum of Level Three ever Plumbing Certificate plus at least 2 years relevant experience.
Under the general supervision of Scheme Engineer/Scheme Superintendent/ Water Supply Supervisor, the Plumber will ensure in-take water plant operations, supply and distribution systems run effectively and
efficiently. He/she shall be responsible for :
- Supervising Plumbing Assistants and allocating work to them and monitoring their performance;
- Undertaking routine and planned maintenance works in compliance with standards;
- Installing new connections and geo referencing;
- Marking frequently bursting pipes within the area using Geographical Information System (GIS) and arrange replacement of the same;
- Enforcing water board bye-laws;
- Responding to queries on matters related to water supply aspects;
- Monitoring resource utilization for maintenance works done in the area;
- Implementing meter replacement programs;
- Preparing daily work reports for management; and
- Demonstrating outstanding commitment to service delivery programs of the Board by personally identifying and reporting water bursts/leakages to customer care Division of which verifiable repair records shall be tendered to be used as one of the components for assessment during one’s performance appraisal time.
The successful candidate should have knowledge in plumbing, communication, numerical and supervisory skills. Those with motor vehicle driving skills and qualification will have an added advantage.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The Southern Region Water Board offers an attractive package; a contributory pension scheme; and a contributory medical scheme among other benefits.
Applications with full Curriculum Vitae, contact phones and addresses of three traceable referees must be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Southern Region Water Board
Private Bag 72
OR submit electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receiving applications is on 5th May, 2023
Please indicate on top of the envelope, the position you are applying for.
292 total views, 1 today