Full Time Plant Electrical Technician at Southern Region Water Board
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions tenable at various establishments of Southern Region Water Board.
PLANT ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN
Candidates should have either a Diploma in Electrical Engineering or City and Guilds Advanced Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from a recognised institution plus at least 2 years’ experience.
Reporting to the Zone Manager, the Plant Electrical Technician will ensure that water supply and distribution networks are in good working condition and maintained for continued supply of water in the Zone.
S/he will be responsible for:
- Examining, repairing and servicing faulty motor or pump sets, boosters and hand tools or other electrical or mechanical equipment in the zone;
- Ensuring the availability of spare parts in variety and quantities, adequate for ensuring continuous operation of all water systems in the zone;
- Following up and establishing strategies to ensure maximum safety of generators; and electrical or mechanical water systems and maintenance at zone level;
- Managing all tasks of electrical or mechanical installation, generators and power maintenance in the zone;
- Inspecting plant machinery and making recommendations to management for rectification of any anticipated machine failures or faults;
- Ensuring that rewound motors or other electrical equipment are tested before re-installation;
- Generating report to management for all maintenance activities;
- Recording and producing summary reports of equipment status and maintenance checklist, detailing any environmental issues whether related to installation modification;
- Verifying standards and quality in the installation of new plant machinery or equipment done in the zone by other contractors;
- Setting up preventative maintenance schedules for all electric installation; and
- Demonstrating outstanding commitment to service delivery programs of the Board by personally identifying and reporting water bursts/leakages to customer care Division of which verifiable repair records shall be tendered to be used as one of the components for assessment during one’s performance appraisal time.
The successful candidate shall have exceptional knowledge of electrical system, and excellent communication, critical thinking, problem-solving, teamwork, creativity and time management skills. S/he will have the ability to perform electrical tests, diagnose and repair electrical problems.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The Southern Region Water Board offers an attractive package; a contributory pension scheme; and a contributory medical scheme among other benefits.
Applications with full Curriculum Vitae, contact phones and addresses of three traceable referees must be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Southern Region Water Board
Private Bag 72
OR submit electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receiving applications is on 5th May, 2023
Please indicate on top of the envelope, the position you are applying for.
887 total views, 2 today