Goal 1: Service delivery: to enhance high-quality, integrated HIV prevention, treatment, care and support services for adults and children
Goal 2: Model interventions and operations research: to develop, pilot, evaluate, and disseminate innovative programs and policies across the continuum of prevention, treatment, care and support for HIV infection and its co-morbidities, both infectious and non-infectious.
Goal 3: Quality management: to ensure that all patients at Lighthouse clinics and all supported sites are receiving quality health care and services as recommended by the MoH and other health development partners by utilizing quality improvement (Ql) methodologies in a multidisciplinary team approach.
Goal 4: Capacity strengthening: to build and strengthen healthcare capacity for high quality HIV prevention, treatment, care and support services.
Lighthouse Trust, with support from the United States of America President’s Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through a Cooperative Agreement with Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), has two grants to operate Centres of Excellence for Comprehensive Integrated HIV Care and Treatment Services in Lilongwe (Grant #NU2GGH002131).
In order to achieve the above – mentioned goals, Lighthouse wishes to recruit a highly qualified and experienced person to fill the positions of:
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (1 Position)
Reports to: Senior Clinical Officer
Location: Lighthouse Rainbow Clinic
Purpose of the Position:
To support the clinic by managing supplies and commodities as well as supporting drug dispensation.
Responsibilities (which include, but are not limited to:
- Keep Pharmacy inventory of supplies and commodities and make orders from the main pharmacy store.
- Packing and labelling prescriptions
- Manage prescriptions and dispense medicines as scripted.
- Ensure supplies and commodities are stored within minimum required standards within storage units.
- Record pharmacy transactional data in relevant registers and stock cards as required.
- Manage and witness delivery of Lighthouse consignment from Ministry of Health
- Work as part of a team to provide support to other members of the healthcare team.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognized institution
- Registered with Pharmacy and Poison Board of Malawi
- Hands on experience in drug dispensing and pharmacy management
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience, working in a similar work environment.
Method Of Application
Eligible internal candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience should send their applications with cover letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of certificates, names, addresses and telephone numbers of three traceable referees.
Applications should be received not later than 28th April, 2023 to the following address:
The Executive Director
Kamuzu Central Hospital
P O BOX 106
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those shortlisted candidates will be communicated