Full Time Partnerships and Philanthropy Officer at CorpsAfrica
PARTNERSHIPS AND PHILANTHROPY OFFICER FOR CORPSAFRICA/MALAWI
POSITION DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
Founded in 2011, CorpsAfrica provides the opportunity for Africans to serve in their own countries, along the lines of the Peace Corps model. We train college-educated young Africans and send them to live for up to one year in rural, high-poverty communities to facilitate small-scale, high-impact projects that are identified by local people. CorpsAfrica aims to create a culture of public service in Africa by giving participants the opportunity to apply their education, skills and energy toward helping their fellow citizens overcome extreme poverty. www.corpsafrica.org
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Country Director and working closely with the Deputy Country Director and Communications Officer, the Partnerships and Philanthropy will help to implement an ambitious annual development plan. He/She will design and create work products to support fundraising efforts and ensure timely delivery according to project timelines on development-related communications. The Partnerships and Philanthropy Officer will support the team in prospecting for new donors, including identifying donors and collaborating on strategies for outreach to potential donors. This person will support data entry and donor acknowledgment efforts and will also organize special events for the organization.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, exempt
REPORTS TO: Country Director
- Collaborate with senior management and communications staff to implement Corps Africa’s annual development plan and track fundraising progress
- Create materials to support donor solicitations and meetings including decks, reports, emails, brochures, etc.
- Conduct research to identify new funding sources and manage the foundation proposal pipeline
- Support the country office with identifying creative fundraising opportunities
- Manage the relationship with our third-party gift-processing vendor to ensure donations are processed in a timely and efficient manner and donors receive acknowledgement letters
- Help to organize and implement special events, both in-person and virtual, aimed at stewarding current donors and cultivating new donors
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of relevant work experience is required
- Familiarity with Salesforce or equivalent CRM is preferred
- Fluency in English is required
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity; the ability to work independently and
as a team
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, presentation, and creative problem- solving skills
- A strong commitment to the mission of CorpsAfrica is required, with a desire
to support youth leadership, participatory community development, evaluation, transparency, and accountability.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter that illustrates qualifications relevant to this role and a CV as a single PDF (titled, “LastName_First Name – Partnerships and Philanthropy Officer application”) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Partnerships and Philanthropy Officer” in the subject line.
Only complete applications will be considered. Deadline to apply is 3rd May 2023
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, CorpsAfrica encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.
293 total views, 2 today