Please login/register to apply for this job.
20 Apr 2023
Full Time Offset Printer Operator at Mika Ink Ltd
Position: Offset Printer Operator
Mika Ink Limited company is currently seeking for a skilled and experienced Offset Printer Operator to join it’s production team.
The Offset Printer Operator will be responsible for operating and maintaining offset printing equipment to produce high-quality printed materials according to customer specifications. The ideal candidate should have extensive knowledge and experience in operating offset printing presses, including setting up, adjusting, and troubleshooting the equipment. He will also be responsible for ensuring the efficient and timely completion of print jobs, maintaining print quality, and adhering to safety and quality standards.
- Set up and operate offset printing presses, including adjusting and calibrating the equipment for print jobs.
- Load and unload paper and ink onto the press, adjust ink and water levels, and monitor the printing process to ensure print quality.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues that may arise during the printing process, such as print defects or equipment malfunctions.
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of printing equipment to ensure optimal performance.
- Follow job specifications and customer requirements to produce printed materials that meet quality standards and deadlines.
- Collaborate with other team members, including print production staff and graphic designers, to ensure smooth workflow and timely completion of print jobs.
- Maintain accurate records of print jobs, including production counts and materials used.
- Follow safety protocols and maintain a clean and organized work area.
Qualification and Experience
- A minimum diploma in graphics technology, visual communications, graphic communication or a related field is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience operating offset printing presses.
- Ability to read and interpret job specifications, including print layouts, colour codes, Proficient in using printing equipment and tools, including plate setters, ink mixing systems, and print quality control tools.
- Knowledge of different printing materials, inks, and coatings.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain print quality throughout the production process.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
Applications together with detailed CVs should be forwarded to the following address;
Mika Ink Ltd
P.O. Box 1769
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or to be delivered at our offices in Lilongwe, Area 47, Sector 4, Msokela Road, House No. 577 not later than 28th April 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
481 total views, 2 today