Full Time Member Services Officer at Luanar SACCO Ltd
POSITION: MEMBER SERVICES OFFICER
LUANAR SACCO, an affiliate of Malawi Union of Savings & Credit Cooperatives Ltd (MUSCCO) a member owned and democratically controlled financial cooperative society, licensed and regulated by the Reserve Bank of Malawi whose aim is to improve the economic and social welfare of its members (LUANAR Employees), by provision of excellent financial services, through innovative financial products that respond to members’ needs; invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following position.
Position: Member Services Officer – Lilongwe
Duties and Responsibilities
A. Member Service duties
- Responding to telephone inquiries, as well as written questions, concerns, and complaints relating to membership.
- Dispensing information pertaining to fees, policies, procedures, benefits, goods, and services
- Proactively tending to the requirements of members by identifying their needs.
- Actively tending to members’ needs by identifying and addressing their requirements proactively.
- Investigating and resolving or escalating membership-related issues to ensure timely resolution and exceptional member service.
- Evaluating member eligibility, and processing payments, applications, claims, and requests with
meticulous attention to detail.
- Documenting all inquiries and complaints and maintaining accurate membership records to ensure data integrity and a comprehensive understanding of members’ needs.
- Efficiently managing the membership database and preparing relevant membership information, as required from time to time, in line with best practices.
- Producing precise and informative reports on membership and member services to facilitate data-driven decision-making.
- Collaborating in the processing of loan and deposit withdrawal applications with a keen eye for detail and precision.
- Investigating the reasons for member withdrawals and assisting in identifying solutions to minimize the frequency of withdrawals.
- Supporting the development of effective member service and relations procedures and systems to enhance service delivery
- Ensuring that the SACCO adheres to regulations on KYC, Credit Reference Bureau, and Customer Complaints Handling to maintain compliance and promote transparency.
Marketing and Membership Recruitment duties
- Compiling schedules for potential members in preparation for their enrollment.
- Spearheading the recruitment of new members by utilizing effective strategies and tactics.
- Aiding in the creation of compelling marketing information and organizing marketing materials to
attract and retain members
- Offering product and service recommendations and selling them persuasively to both existing and potential members.
- Encouraging members to increase their monthly contributions and maximize their benefits.
- Supporting the coordination and execution of marketing activities to enhance brand awareness and promote the SACCO’s services.
Office operations duties
- Collaborating in all SACCO office-related activities to facilitate the effective development of financial
and other reports.
- Recording and updating member loans, deposits, and shares into their respective accounts with
accuracy and timeliness.
- Providing support with cashiering duties when the Cashier is absent to maintain efficient service delivery.
- Ensuring that all required office and banking hall supplies are available to support seamless operations.
- Preparing weekly and monthly plans and reports, including those relating to membership contributions,
marketing, service, submitting them to the Manager within set deadlines.
- Undertaking any other duties assigned by the Manager as required to promote optimal organizational performance.
- Understanding of SACCO or Financial Cooperative business model
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Great interpersonal skills and customer service.
- Good negotiation skills
- Quick decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- Good attitude, Team player and ability to adapt quickly.
Qualifications & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Marketing from a recognized University with at least 1 year working experience in financial industry. Those with Diploma in Business Administration or Marketing, with at least 3 years experience in financial industry, can as well apply.
How to apply
Applications enclosing CVs and copies of certificates; should be forwarded to the address below not later than Thursday, 4th May 2023.
The General Manager
LUANAR SACCO LTD
P.O. Box 221
Only short-listed applicants will be acknowledged.
776 total views, 1 today