Goal 1: Service delivery: to enhance high-quality, integrated HIV prevention, treatment, care and support services for adults and children
Goal 2: Model interventions and operations research: to develop, pilot, evaluate, and disseminate innovative programs and policies across the continuum of prevention, treatment, care and support for HIV infection and its co-morbidities, both infectious and non-infectious.
Goal 3: Quality management: to ensure that all patients at Lighthouse clinics and all supported sites are receiving quality health care and services as recommended by the MoH and other health development partners by utilizing quality improvement (Ql) methodologies in a multidisciplinary team approach.
Goal 4: Capacity strengthening: to build and strengthen healthcare capacity for high quality HIV prevention, treatment, care and support services & Lighthouse Trust, with support from the United States of America President’s Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through a Cooperative Agreement with Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), has two grants to operate Centres of Excellence for Comprehensive Integrated HIV Care and Treatment Services in Lilongwe (Grant #NU2GGH002131).
In order to achieve the above &#8211; mentioned goals, Lighthouse wishes to recruit a highly qualified and experienced person to fill the position of:
LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST (1 Position)
Reports to: Senior Clinical Officer
Location: Lighthouse Rainbow Clinic
Purpose of the Position:
To support the clinic by performing and running tests in the laboratory.
Responsibilities (which include, but are not limited to):
- Perform all laboratory investigational tests according to existing standard operating procedures and quality assurance requirements.
- Performing reagent checks and preparation
- Performing daily, weekly and monthly maintenance procedures of lab equipments
- Running external quality assessments samples
- Participating in quality management activities and meetings
- Adhering to good laboratory practices
- Perform and mentor nurses and other cadres in the conduct of point of care tests
- Ensure precise documentation in the laboratory registers
- Maintain a high level of precision and accuracy for all work performed.
- Follow all laboratory procedures including safety guidelines, the use of personal protective equipment and awareness of blood-borne pathogens.
- Maintain infection prevention standards when handling infectious materials and maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Provide Input as required for updating laboratory procedures and procedure manual.
- Oversee stock keeping of tests and materials required in the laboratory.
- Meet or exceeds quality assurance standards of the laboratory
- Respond to technical and logistical problems encountered in the laboratory in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist with implementation of new study protocols, new instrumentation, new methodology and training as needed. Assist with training and problem solving as needed.
- Participate in training of new staff
- Demonstrate a cooperative attitude in relationships with patients, co-workers and other personnel.
- Maintain confidentiality of patients and patient results; Assist or carry out other duties as assigned by the Clinic Manager.
Qualification and Experience
- At least a bachelor’s degree in medical laboratory science from a recognized institution
- Registered with Medical Council of Malawi
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience, working in a similar work environment.
Method Of Application
Eligible internal candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience should send their applications with cover letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of certificates, names, addresses and telephone numbers of three traceable referees.
Applications should be received not later than 28th April, 2023 to the following address:
The Executive Director
Kamuzu Central Hospital
P O BOX 106
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those shortlisted candidates will be communicated