Full Time Finance Officer at Malawi Red Cross Society
Malawi Red Cross Society (MRCS) is a countrywide humanitarian volunteer organization and a member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies movement. In Malawi, it was established by an Act of Parliament and works auxiliary to the Government and embodies the principles of the movement. It focuses on providing Humanitarian Services to the needy and vulnerable populations. MRCS has a network of local volunteers in 33 Divisions in all the 3 regions of Malawi. Its Headquarters is in Area 14, in Lilongwe.
Malawi Red Cross Society is urgently seeking to engage the services of a suitably qualified, motivated, capable and experienced individual to fill the vacant position of FINANCE OFFICER in the DANISH DELEGATION OFFICE tenable at its Headquarters Office in Lilongwe.
Country Manager – Danish Red Cross (Line manager)
Country Finance Officer – Danish Red Cross (Supervisor)
The Finance Officer will be responsible for supporting the DRC Country Office and MRCS Finance Department in finance management and accountability according to DRC’s finance rules and donor requirements. He will support the MRCS through the DRC Country Office in ensuring effective and timely financial management in general of DRC supported programmes in Malawi.
The person will also assist the Country Finance Officer in ensuring effective and timely financial management of Country Office Expenses.
- Ensure monthly booking and reporting of country office including reconciliations for petty cash, bank and intercompany account.
- Preparing annual financial reports for country office and supporting the annual audit of the Country Office Accounts.
- Coordinate and assist MRCS in preparing annual and quarterly program budgets and financial reports to the donors and ensure that the donor specific guidelines are adhered to
- Prepare the quarterly consolidated financial program reports
- Control and monitor program budgets and expenditures and ensure compliance with donor requirements
- Undertake quality control of cash requests and quarterly financial statements submitted by partners through the responsible delegates and other staff
- Periodically undertake field visits to provide onsite support and financial management capacity development
- Provide input to the financial overviews of the country’s portfolio and follow up on grants allocated to the country
- Support in the development of (and adjustments to) contracts and agreements, activity plans and financial reports and budgets
- Ensure correct posting of transactions booked to programs
- Support the contracting of local auditors in accordance with DRC guidelines
- Advise on financial and administrative systems and procedures including on corruption, fraud or misuse of funds
- Support and facilitate in close coordination with the Regional Office, HQ and Country Team, the compliant completion/closure of projects, including but not limited to, financial reporting, final external audit, updating of the country project and program portfolio overviews and the recording in the accounting system
- Identify capacity development needs and subsequently suggest design and assist in building the financial management capacity of the National Society where applicable
- Undertake on a quarterly basis spot checks on the MRCS transactions incurred during the reporting period.
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance or Related Field
- Professional qualification in finance or accounting (ICAM, ACCA)
- Relevant experience of minimum 3 years in finance management
- Experience in preparing budgets, financial reports and monitoring of budgets
- Those with audit experience will have an added advantage
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office and Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Communication, coordination, networking and facilitation skills.
Knowledge, competencies and skills
- Structured and good at planning
- Intercultural competencies, open, mindedness and patience
- Able to work in a team
- Flexible and adaptable to changing working conditions
- High degree of integrity, pro-activity and discretion in personal conduct
- Self-motivated, with good judgement and initiative
- Able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
How to ApplyAll interested applicants with the required qualifications and experience should submit their applications, enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and names of three traceable referees, mobile numbers and e-mail address to:- The Secretary General, Malawi Red Cross Society, P.O. Box 30096, Lilongwe 3. Or Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Not later than Thursday, 20th April, 2023, and only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged. MRCS recognizes and promotes gender equity, equality and inclusion in all its areas of programming and does not torelate any form of sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
614 total views, 4 today