Internship Finance Intern x2 at Nascent Solutions
Job Title: Finance Intern (2)
Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
Type of Employment: Six months Contract
Reporting: Reports to the Accountant
Start Date: 1st May 2023
Nascent Solutions is seeking two highly motivated Finance Interns to join its team in Lilongwe, Malawi. The successful candidate will work under the direct supervision of the Country Finance Manager and will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the McGovern-Dole International Food for Education and Child Nutrition Program, funded by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). The program aims to improve the literacy and health of school-age children in central and southern Malawi.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Accountant in preparing all advances to staff in line with Nascent procedures
- Review advances received and ensure that they are justified within the timeframes stipulated in Nascent finance policies.
- Assist in coding and recording petty cash and check payment transactions in QuickBooks
- Scan and upload all finance documents to Nascent’s database
- Assist the Accountant in managing the payment of bills and invoices
- Participate in the preparation of accurate balance reconciliation on a monthly basis
- Undertake any other tasks as deemed necessary in line with the goal of providing management support to the field office/or field activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/ Accounting from accredited university
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with financial data
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks
- Fluent in English
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience working in an INGO or on USG funded projects is an added advantage
How to ApplyInterested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV, and indicate availability to email@example.com. Please include “Finance Intern” in the email subject line. CVs without cover letters will not be considered. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is 16th April 2023. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, and early applicants will be given priority.
448 total views, 1 today