Full Time Executive Assistant at CorpsAfrica
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT FOR CORPSAFRICA/MALAWI POSITION DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
Founded in 2011, CorpsAfrica provides the opportunity for Africans to be “Peace Corps Volunteers” in their own countries. Corps Africa Volunteers participate in a Pre-Service Training, where they are educated on Human Centered Design training as an approach to development and learn about the variety of work NGOs are doing in their country. Volunteers then move to high-poverty communities, where they facilitate meetings to help local people determine priority needs and implement projects that address those needs.
The Volunteers are then expected to perform a comprehensive impact evaluation analysis to serve as a model for future Corps Africa Volunteers and their projects. Corps Africa aims to create a culture of public service within developing nations by giving participants the opportunity to apply their skills and energy toward helping their fellow citizens overcome extreme poverty. For more information on Corps Africa, please visit www.corpsafrica.org.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION:
The Executive Assistant performs a variety of highly responsible and confidential secretarial and administrative duties for the Deputy Country Director and Country Director of CorpsAfrica/Malawi.
REPORTS TO: Deputy Country Director
- Carry out policies, systems and procedures to ensure effective and efficient operations of the organization. Maintain records and archives, prepare minutes and reports.
- Interact with NGOs, government officials, academia, bank and agency administrators, etc.
- Assist with events, public and media relations, and other marketing opportunities.
- Other responsibilities as requested by the DCD and CD.
- A Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of professional experience
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- A passion and commitment to youth leadership, participatory community development, impact evaluation, transparency, and accountability
- Excellent speaking, writing and computer skills
- Impeccable integrity, judgment and discretion along with a professional demeanor and personal style that elicits trust
- A demonstrable understanding of Malawian laws and the government administrations
- Fluency in English is required
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter that illustrates qualifications relevant to this role and a CV as a single PDF (titled, “LastName_First Name – Executive Assistant Application”) to email@example.com, with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
Only complete applications will be considered. Deadline to apply is 3rd May 2023
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, CorpsAfrica encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.
637 total views, 3 today