Full Time Communications Specialist at Ministry of Education
Republic of Malawi
Ministry Of Education
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES- INDIVIDUAL SELECTION)
Name of Country: MALAWI
Name of Project: Skills for A Vibrant Economy Project (SAVE)
Project ID/Loan No: P172627
Assignment Title: SAVE Project Communications Specialist
Reference No.: MW-MOE-340825-CS-INDV
Date of Issue : 11th April 2023
The Malawi Government has received financing from the World Bank toward the implementation of the Skills for a Vibrant Economy (SAVE) Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services. The Project Development Objective (PDO) is &#8220;is to increase access, particularly for females, to labour market-relevant skills development programs in participating institutions, targeting priority areas of the economy
The project is being implemented by the Ministry of Education in conjunction with the Ministry of Labour. It has a Project Implementation Unit (PI) that coordinates the implementation of all project activities.
Apart from the PIU, other key implementing institutions include all national technical colleges, all public universities including Domasi and Nalikule colleges of education, the Technical, Entrepreneurial and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TEVETA), the Higher Education Students Loans and Grants Board (HESLGB) and National Council for Higher Education (NCHE). Due to this diversity in implementing institutions, there is need for communications consulting services to coordinate the design and implementation of a platform for knowledge management, a multi-stakeholder participation plan and organizing and facilitating areas of strategic communications such as documentation, media relations and social media etc. across the project.
The consulting services (the Services) include carrying out communications activities related to project visibility, knowledge management, documentation, media relations and social media to project visibility, knowledge management, documentation, media relations and social management.
This contract will be for one year, renewable for the next contract period of the project subject to satisfactory performance following annual reviews and subject to availability of funding.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be obtained at the address given below.
The Ministry of Education now invites eligible individuals (Consultants) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The candidate should meet the following minimum qualifications and experience requirements:
- Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent), preferably in communications, journalism, public relations, or any other related field. A first level university degree with a relevant combination of professional training, certification and experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum of at least five (5) years of relevant experience in developing, designing, production and publishing/dissemination/airing of communication products using various media, and organizing, and producing major events of regional or international nature;
- Relevant experience in working for governments and/or international organizations on consultancy assignments, especially in strategic communications planning;
- Must have over 5 years experience in planning, management and sustaining an up to date project website and digital communication platforms;
- Highly developed communication skills, including ability to draft and edit texts and to articulate ideas in a clear, concise style to a variety of audiences, as well as facilitation skills; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
- Computer/software training would be an asset;
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs,3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers dated November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant (INDV) selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations of the World Bank.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 07:30 to 16:30 hours, local time.
Expressions of interest including updated detailed curriculum vitae and professional certificates must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by 16:00 hours, local time on Friday, 28th April, 2023.
The Director of Human Resource Management and Development
Ministry of Education
Private Bag 328
Phone: +265 1 789422
669 total views, 4 today