Please login/register to apply for this job.
12 Apr 2023
Full Time Communications Officer at TotalEnergies Malawi
POSITION: COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
TotalEnergies Malawi is constantly looking for new talent to reinforce its workforce. If you are looking for a career that will take you far in your personal and professional life, TotalEnergies is the place to be; whether you are a recent graduate or an experienced professional; whether you are male or female; whether you are young or old. We are an equal opportunity employer that propels diversity.
VACANCY : COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Communications Officer in the Corporate Affairs Department. The position is tenable at Head Office. The successful candidate will report to the Corporate Affairs Manager and will play a key role in the following:
- Keep the company’s digital sites (website, WAT, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.) up to date with relevant information when and as required
- Handle internal communication through available tools (notice boards, emails, Whatsapp, etc.)
- Ensure optimized usage of IT tools and promote new ones
- Ensure anticipated and updated communication planning
- Propose and coordinate the digital roadmap and its action plans
- Propose annual budget for Corporate, Marketing and Public Relationship communication activities for approval
- Develop and implement the annual communication program for the company (advertisement, promotions, launches, Corporate Social Responsibility, etc.)
- Track budget expenditure: design feedback mechanism to ensure measure impact of all programs
- Select, brief, review and approve proposals/concepts from advertising and media agencies
- Ensure optimum readiness in unlikely event of media drawing crisis or news item with concise and accurate information
- Ensure adherence to company norms and standards
- Participate in the procurement and control distribution of promotional and advertising materials
- Control issue of marketing materials such as promotional and advertising materials from the stores.
- Identify and propose new activities that could promote the image and business of the company as well as oversee their implementation.
- Liaise with the media houses in identifying strategic opportunities to promote the company’s business.
- Develop strategic alliances with major distributors, manufacturers, and other marketing firms through marketing agreements.
- Develop, propose and oversee communication and promotional campaigns in support of new or existing business opportunities.
- Handle and guide on concepts graphic designs and modifications to artwork
- Conduct market surveys about the company’s products, services and brand perception
- Manage, promote and coordinate Innovation for TMML and in line with Group guidance
- Regular interaction with Head Office to anticipate
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: Communications, Journalism and Information Technology
- Minimum of three years relevant experience
- Sound knowledge in Marketing will be an added advantage
- A strong orientation towards numerical, analytical, writing and reporting skills
- Computer skills with a sound knowledge in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills and abilities
Interested applicants should forward their applications and resumes not later than Thursday, 13th April, 2023 to: email@example.com under the title Communications Officer.
450 total views, 1 today