Please login/register to apply for this job.
28 Apr 2023
Full Time Banking Centre Manager at CDH Investment Bank Limited
CDH Investment Bank Limited seeks to recruit a suitable candidate for the position of Banking Centre Manager
Background of the organization
CDH Investment Bank Limited is licensed under the Banking Act by the Reserve Bank of Malawi to provide full banking services. The Bank opened for business on 2nd April 2012 and has banking centers in Blantyre and Lilongwe. Being part of Continental Holdings Limited which is a vibrant financial services group, CDH Investment Bank Limited is a unique formation in the financial services sector as it is designed to provide unique banking solutions in Malawi.
The Bank invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for the position of Banking Centre Manager, tenable at Lilongwe Banking Centre in Lilongwe.
The position reports to the Banking Centre Manager-Capital City in all respects.
Nature and scope of the position
- The Banking Centre Manager is the most senior manager at CDHIB’s Banking Centre who takes overall responsibility and accountability for all the aspects of the banking centre including but not limited to: profitability, customer service, business growth, staff motivation, risk management, internal controls etc
- The banking centre is a strategic business unit for the bank. It is at the banking centre that most customers are acquired and serviced. The Banking Centre Manager will therefore see to it that the staff members are motivated and capable at all times to deliver on the bank’s mission.
- The manager will be required to make periodic assessments of strategic market information which will lead to better understanding of the needs and requirements of the existing and potential clients.
- Maintain good relationships with clients to ensure continuous business growth.
- Manage a portfolio of customers with a focus on development of the Small & Medium Enterprises (SME).
- Ensure that the banking centre is a profitable business unit of the bank.
- Contribute to growth by mobilising the required deposits.
- Grow the loan products in line with approved budgets.
- Ensure that the banking centre is generating fee income in line with budget.
- Ensure that all bank risks are managed proactively and diligently to avoid loss or the risk of fraud.
- Ensure that staff are motivated and challenged at all times to ensure that they produce exceptional results in all performance areas including customer service.
- Act as a source of research information and cross selling opportunities for other department and group companies.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by management from time to time.
- Mature, articulate and responsible individual, who will be a self-starter, has a lot of initiative, proactive approach and is accountable for targets and results.
- Ability to work accurately in a fast-paced environment under high pressure within fixed and short timeframes.
- Must have the ability to work as part of a team and assist the strategic teams in their work.
- The candidate needs to have excellent analytical skills in respect of the bank’s risk assessment and strategic approach.
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Must be a motivated individual, dynamic, a fast learner and innovative.
- People manager, developing others/talents management.
Qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce, marketing, finance, banking or its equivalent. Possession of a Master’s degree will be a plus.
- At least 8 years’ experience in banking/business development in a financial sector.
- Knowledge of branch and general banking operations is a pre requisite.
How to apply
Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements outlined above may forward applications in person, by post or email to the address below, to be received no later than close of business on 5th May, 2023.
Applications must be accompanied by:
• A detailed curriculum vitae
• Certified copies of academic qualifications
• Certified copy of valid national identity document/passport; and
• Details of three contactable referees.
Please note applications that do not meet all the requirements specified above will not be considered. Only shortlisted applications will be acknowledged.
Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director
CDH Investment Bank Limited
PO Box 1444
Closes : May 5, 2023
515 total views, 3 today