Full Time Alumni Support Officer at CorpsAfrica
ALUMNI SUPPORT OFFICER FOR CORPSAFRICA/MALAWI POSITION DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Founded in 2011, CorpsAfrica provides the opportunity for Africans to serve as volunteers in their own countries, along the lines of the Peace Corps model. We train college-educated young Africans and send them to live for up to one year in rural, high-poverty communities to facilitate small-scale, high-impact projects that are identified by local people. CorpsAfrica aims to promote a culture of public service in Africa by giving participants the opportunity to apply their education, skills, and energy toward helping their fellow citizens overcome extreme poverty. www.corpsafrica.org
CorpsAfrica has steadily expanded operations from Morocco to Senegal, Malawi, Rwanda, Ghana, and Kenya over the last decade. Having successfully proven the power and effectiveness of the model, CorpsAfrica has begun to receive significant funding from large donors. As we reach a point of significant inflection leading to future expansion, we seek to add motivated, capable, and highly effective staff to our team.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION:
The Alumni Support Officer will directly support the success of former CorpsAfrica/Malawi Volunteers in their personal lives and professional careers. He/She will maintain close contact with alumni, create engagement and skill-building opportunities for alumni to stay involved with CorpsAfrica, and provide professional support services to alumni, including hiring events and professional development opportunities. This role will support and collaborate with other alumni support officers and alumni staff in the Global Support Office to coordinate programs like the Entrepreneurship Incubator and Scholarship Match program.
REPORTS TO: Deputy Country Director
- Create opportunities for alumni to stay involved with CorpsAfrica/Malawi and support currently serving Volunteers by offering advice and guidance on sites, projects, day-to-day obstacles, or anything relating to their service
- Maintain a database of all former CorpsAfrica/Malawi Volunteers to showcase their stories, skillsets, and contact information, as well as an active database for employers to post positions Contribute to two organization-wide primary communications for the alumni community: the “My CorpsAfrica Story” podcast and a quarterly alumnus newsletter.
- Develop a schedule of events supporting the personal and professional development of all former CorpsAfrica/Malawi Volunteers.
- Oversee the collection of materials to produce annual yearbooks for Volunteers.
- Follow up on Volunteers who participated in the Entrepreneurship Incubator and Scholarship
- Match programs to understand how the opportunities benefit them.”
- Support creative and innovative efforts led by alumni, develop ideas that were inspired by CorpsAfrica/Malawi service, and provide entrepreneurship and social innovation training, workshops, exhibits, receptions, and conferences.
Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years’ work experience is required
- Successful completion of CorpsAfrica service is preferred
- Experience managing budgets up to $50,000 USD
- Fluency in English is required
- Highly collaborative style and demonstrated ability to work across cultures
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, presentation, and creative problem-solving skills
- A strong commitment to the mission of CorpsAfrica is required, with a desire to support youth leadership, participatory community development, impact evaluation, transparency, and accountability.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter that illustrates qualifications relevant to this role and a CV as a single PDF (titled, “LastName_FirstName – Alumni Support Officer Application”) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Alumni Support Officer” in the subject line.
Primary applicants open to CorpsAfrica alumni Volunteers and only complete applications will be considered. Deadline to apply is 3rd May 2023
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, CorpsAfrica encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.
554 total views, 1 today