Full Time Administrative Assistant at Southern Region Water Board
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions tenable at various establishments of Southern Region Water Board.
Candidates should have a Diploma in Secretarial Studies from a recognised institution and Shorthand Certificate of 120 words per minute plus at least 2 years practical experience in the relevant field.
Reporting to the Administrative Executive, the Administrative Assistant will provide secretarial services.
S/he will be responsible for:
- Taking dictation, transcribing, and composing correspondence for the Director/Manager;
- Handling telephone calls for the Department/Division;
- Maintaining the Directors diary;
- Arranging appointments and engagements, and assisting in planning the Directors itinerary;
- Making and coordinating the Directors travel arrangements;
- Indexing the Directors business correspondence;
- Participating in preparing, collating, distributing board packs to Board Members and Ex-officials;
- Participating in the making logistical arrangements for Board Members;
- Controlling and monitoring utility usage of telephones, consumables refreshments, and stationary;
- Consolidating work progress reports;
- Welcoming visitors for the Directors and other staff within the department; and
- Demonstrating understanding commitment service
- delivery programs of the Board by personally identifying and reporting water bursts/leakages to customer care
- Division of which verifiable repair records shall be tendered to be used as one of the components for assessment during one performance appraisal time.
The successful candidate shall be able to work effectively in a team with minimum supervision and shall have excellent written and oral communication, good public relations, and organizational skills. S/he will be a self-starter who is mature and creative.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The Southern Region Water Board offers an attractive package; a contributory pension scheme; and a contributory medical scheme among other benefits.
Applications with full Curriculum Vitae, contact phones and addresses of three traceable referees must be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Southern Region Water Board
Private Bag 72
OR submit electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receiving applications is on 5th May, 2023
Please indicate on top of the envelope, the position you are applying for.
601 total views, 1 today